The Intermediate 2 Chemistry course is made up of three Units:
- Unit 1: Substances
- Unit 2: Carbon Compounds
- Unit 3: Acids, Bases and Metals
Full course details, including content statements, can be found in the SQA Arrangements Document.
The following are additional useful SQA links for the course:
Studying Chemistry requires regular revision. For Intermediate 2 Chemistry, in addition to any formal written homework, you should be spending a minimum of 45 minutes each week revising. This should include practising questions.
Recommended resources are:
- Your own notes
- www.evans2chemweb.co.uk (username and password available from Mr Robertson)
- Resources from this site
The following are links to additional recommended revision resources which can be bought in bookshops or online:
Make sure your revision is active. In addition to reading, you may wish to:
- highlight and/or rewrite sections of your notes
- make mind maps / spider diagrams
- make up your own questions e.g. true/false
- try to teach someone else a topic / write out as much as you can about the topic without looking at your notes.